Thursday, November 25, 2010

The "D" word!

So.... I've never "blogged" before... so.... let's see how this thang goez! And what shall my first post be about? My Divorce, since you're all dying to know about it! I know you are....

Where do I start with this shit? Hmmmm... I'll just type it how I think it.

I, Summer Reding, re-met a guy named Brandon Murphy back in August of 2008. Holy shit it's almost 2011! Anyway, I knew him when I was younger.. didn't speak again till August. We started dating September 10, 2008. He was "the love of my life, the cheese to my macaroni, the missing puzzle piece, blah, blah, blah..." Really was an awesome dude! He listened to Zeppelin and Floyd.. and all the other good music I listen to. So we dated and never fought, he did every thing for me. You call it like you see it. He got kicked out of his mother's house in February 2009, and moved in with my and my family until the end of March. During that time he made the decision to join the USAF so that he could support me and himself. The plan was to get married and have a jolly ol time!

So, the 8 weeks he was in BMT we wrote each other every day. Yes, just like you see in the movies. He asked me to marry him, I said yes. At 17, I start planning a wedding. (what the FUCK WAS I THINKING?) From June 09-January10 he was in Tech School.... Half of the time he was in Biloxi, Ms and the other was in Wichita Falls, TX. We saw each other roughly once a month. We got married November 14, 2009. The very next day he went back to Texas. I then found out we were getting orders to Wichita, Kansas... I honestly thought my life was ending. Of all places... KANSAS?!?! What?! Yea... Kansas. And don't worry, it's every thing it's chalked up to be. Boring, flat, and yes windy. Don't bother fixing your hair here. So, we pack our shit up February 13th, and move our happy asses to Kansas!

It was cool when we first got here. We had our first apartment, lived in a different city, a different STATE for that matter, and well.... we were living the high adult life! I soon got a job at Buffalo Wild Wings and he was at the base. But...... about 3 weeks later we start butting heads. Finances were hard. I lost my 2006 Nissan Murano due to becoming behind on my car note for 2 months. Guess who got underpaid? Mr. Murphy. We had to eviction notices on our apartment door. Guess who's car note money took care of the bills during the month of May... Mrs. Murphy's. Bye bye beautiful Nissan Murano! Hello 1998 Chrysler Sebring. Rollin' white on white! *fist pump*

Then came the fun part. Living pay check to pay check. I'm totally aware that most  couples do. Which is ok.... when you're paying your bills and not buying rifles, fish tanks, lizards and beer. So guess who gave Mr. Murphy an ultimatum... that would be me. I said either we get a joint account or share our money with each other or I'm leaving, and he chose his lousy A1C paycheck. Let me put it to you in a simple way.... if Summer had no cash on her and needed a pack of cigarettes, she would have to beg Mr. Murphy to use his debit card. Mr. Murphy also had the nerve to tell her that the money she had saved up in a jar for a DOWN PAYMENT FOR A VEHICLE SINCE SHE JUST LOST HERS DUE TO HIS LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY, was his back-up money. Uhhhhhh.... no. You chose that we don't share our money, so no, this is not yours you greedy bastard.

So I left. Bye bye Mr. Murphy! The plan wasn't for a divorce, it was to prove a point. But it turned into a long, long point. He then decided he wasn't happy, in love, and didn't want to be married. I was devastated of course. Who wouldn't be? About a month later, I was over it. And then he wasn't. Am I being too honest? I then lived with my umm... "best friend" Liya. Well, the apartment people decided I couldn't live there anymore because you can't have 3 people in the apartment. So, next I went to Jim's. Well..... that lasted for one night. So, off to Shani and Ben's I go! This was all in the span of 3 weeks. During the time from the beginning of August until the 14th of November... we have fought, fought, fought and fought some more. Whether it was me throwing pictures of us across the room, him slamming my hand in the door, me screaming at him in the apartment parking lot, or him telling me what a crazy lunatic bitch I am... all we did was fight. The ironic thing is guess who got phone calls at 3-3:30 sometimes 4 in the morning at least once a week? Me. How many times did I call him? Probably about 5 when we first split. Not to tell him I miss him, to bitch him out and tell him that I hated his guts. Ok, maybe I told him I missed him like once.


Point is, it just wasn't working. So there you have it. It took an arm and a leg to get the fucking divorce final but I eventually did. And so now Mr. Murphy is a free man! Ladies... he's all yours! ;) haha......hahahahahaha....... ha. ha.. he... ha.


If you're wondering if I'm sad/depressed/etc. I'm not. I've gained so much from this experience. I mean.... I'm a little resentful to the whole "love" scene but other than that I'm fine!

I need a cigarette now... this took too long!

3 comments:

  1. You are so right Summer. Twitter isn't for you. 140 characters aren't enough. You are a great blogger - JUST FYI. I will continue to read if you continue to post. You're awesome. seriously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bree! I will continue to post.... if I can think of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all this stuff TOO WELL except my divorce is still pending cause the asshole wants full custody of my 5 yr old. That will LITERALLY only happen when my body is cold & hard 6 feet under :) Great blog. I have one too but it's pretty boring so I won't ask you to read it. Hope you keep up on it!!!!

    ReplyDelete